Creative Commission: Opportunity Click here to download a PDF version of the brief
Good Things for People to do at Home
Qube and Taking Part are seeking Creative Practitioners and Artists to create imaginative, fun and creative activities for people who would normally attend Day Care Services to do at home during lockdown and beyond.
This project will make creative, arts and well-being activities available to over 200 vulnerable and isolated people in Shropshire who until now usually go to a community setting for learning, training, support and companionship.The reasons for this could include a learning or physical disability, seeking support for poor mental health, support for challenging behaviours, living with dementia or having unpaid caring responsibilities.
This is a Shropshire wide approach to support people at home managed by Shropshire County Council’s Adult Social Care service in partnership with Oswestry Community Action (Qube) and Taking Part.
Creative Brief: Call for Expressions of Interest
Deadline: ASAP before the 29thMay 2020. We reserve the right to close the Call before the deadline so would encourage early submission of proposals.
Who: Creative Practitioners / Artists / Designers / Makers / Musicians / Dancers
What: Expressions of Interest are invited from a range of creative practitioners for the creation and production of creative ‘how to’ and ‘have a go’ resources (physical and virtual) for Day Care users and their carers to access at home.
For example: video tasks/lessons (filmed by practitioner), activity sheets, tasks and challenges (both physical and digital resources).
These resources will be safely distributed by the Adult Social Care team through online platforms and physical Happy Boxes that will be delivered directly to the clients
This is a 3 month pilot project (May-July) aimed at vulnerable adults during and post Covid-19. If successful this project may continue.
The successful creative practitioner will:
- Develop and produce a series of suitable creative tasks or activities for a wide range of people to undertake at home.
- Please take into account that many users have learning or physical disabilities, mental health issues, challenging behaviours, dementia, or are unpaid carers.
- Create suitable paper based resources to support activities/tasks
- For example worksheets, instructions, activity diagrams etc.
- Develop and film ‘how to’ instruction videos
- Provide a list of materials required for each activity
- Consider activity risks and health and safely for users.
Please note: not all activities need to include both physical and digital formats
The commissioning panel is interested in creative ideas that:
- Are imaginative and engaging
- Have a flexible approach
- Are accessible and suitable for a range of clients and their individual needs
- Use everyday materials that are readily available at home
- Some specialist materials could be made available to clients (subject to cost/availability)
- Have a local flavour or relate to Shropshire in some way
Commission value including all fees and materials: £75 per half day/£150 per day
How to Apply: Please send your expression of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mark your submission: expression of Interest – Good things to do at home
The Expression of Interest should consist of:
- A short outline of your creative idea(s) including time frame (i.e. how many days you require to complete).
- CV/biog clearly demonstrating prior and relevant experience,
- Examples of previous work. These can be in a digital format.
Closing date: ASAP before the 29th May 2020. We reserve the right to close the Call before the deadline so would encourage early submission of proposals.
What next: Shortlisted artists will be invited to discuss their proposal(s) with project staff.
All commissioned work must be completed by mid July 2020
Adult Social Care
Qube Arts offers an accessible programme of creative projects, activities and exhibitions that aim to engage, challenge, and inspire its rural community.
Taking Part is an Independent Service for people with Health and Social Care needs in Shropshire including Telford & Wrekin.
Good Things to do at Home