Pen and Watercolour ‘en plein air’ (outdoor art)
“The step by step approach and great encouragement by Ian made it a superb learning experience.”
“Super day with excellent tuition. Very inspiring!”
Qube welcomes back popular pen and watercolour artist, Ian Fennelly, after two previous sell-out courses.
You are invited to join Ian for a special summer ‘en plein air’ outdoor art experience, based in Oswestry’s Cae Glas Park.
Ian is drawn to the different urban environments that support our busy lives.He will show you how to capture the characterful elements and details that describe this historic town, the worn pavements and cobbles, the windows people have peered through and doors and gates they have passed through.
We will meet at Qube at 10:30 and walk to our location where we will be working outside for much of the day, stopping nearby for a coffee/tea.
Please wear appropriate clothing and bring along a small collapsible stool to sit on.
Qube art room will be available throughout the session in case of poor weather or if you wish to leave equipment.
Please note that refreshments are not included (apart from tea and coffee at Qube).
Materials List: Please bring along the following materials:1. A3 watercolour paper
2. Black Fine liner pens from size 0.05 to 0.8 (good brands are Pilot, Staedtler, Faber Castell,
3. Watercolour pan set (Winsor and Newton or any good brand will be fine)
4. Tombow Brush Pen/s (Black and a range of greys, particularly the lighter greys such as N15,
N75, N79, N60, N89, N95)
5. Range of watercolour brushes, from flats to riggers
6. Water and water container