05 Nov Qube joins forces with partners for Winter Support Service
Due to the need for support for the most vulnerable in the community Qube has joined partner organisations to form The Wellbeing & Independence Partnership (WIPS)
Who are we?
The Wellbeing & Independence Partnership, Shropshire (WIPS) consists of five voluntary & community organisations:
- Age UK Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin
- Shropshire Rural Community Charity
- Royal Voluntary Service
- Oswestry Community Action (QUBE)
- Mayfair Community Centre, Church Stretton.
What is the Winter Support Service?
A service commissioned by Shropshire Council to help vulnerable people maintain their physical and emotional wellbeing through the winter when the effect of Covid -19 remains serious and significant.
The service is free to the client but time-limited to the winter months up to the 31/3/22.
What will the service do?
Assessment & ongoing support to people identified as needing help, including:
- Shopping and delivery
- Connecting people to local support groups (e.g. hot meal deliveries)
- Collecting and delivering medications
- Telephone companionship for isolated or lonely people
- Wellbeing home calls usually by telephone call
Unfortunately we cannot provide any personal care: if you are not sure whether or not to refer, please telephone and discuss with our Link Workers.
How can you refer to us?
- Complete the referral form and email it to email@example.com
- Telephone 01743 233788 and ask to make a referral to the Winter Pressures Service. The number is available 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am to 4pm Friday.
What happens next?
Our Link Workers will discuss the referral with the client (and if necessary the referrer) and put in place a Winter Support Plan. The Link Worker will liaise with partner organisations and/or other groups required to deliver a service.