Qube Social Groups
* With our social groups temporarily suspended at the moment due to Covid-19, we’ve invited some of the scheduled guest speakers to tell us a bit about themselves and the incredible work they do. Click on the speakers below to find out more…
Archaeologist and comic illustrator, John Swogger
Astronomer, Peter J Williamson FRAS
Author, Vicky Turrell
Historian and volunteer, Mark Hignett
Historian and retired Soldier, Simon Jarman
Armed Forces Outreach Support Coordinator, Sarah Kerr
Willow Weaver, Cathy Preston
Shropshire Wildlife Trust Volunteer Coordinator, Diane Monether
At Qube we look for new ways to help people stay connected, meet new friends and get the support they need. We run two social groups every week, both fun and friendly place to meet new people and try out some fun activities.
Tuesdays, 11:30 – 1pm *please note, this group is now full to new members
Thursdays, 11:30 – 1pm
Some of the activities we’ve run at the groups are:
– Shared Reading
– Tea Tasting
Both social groups are free of charge and tea, coffee and biscuits are provided.
If you are looking for a fun and friendly group please join us! For further details please call Vicky Hughes or Bella Doolan:
Tel: 01691 656882
Social Group volunteers
We are always looking for new volunteers to help run our social groups. If you can spare a couple of hours a week and would like a very rewarding role, we’d love to hear from you.
Our Volunteer befrienders offer weekly visits of around two hours to people in the local community that feel lonely or isolated. Their role is to offer company and friendship and the weekly visits may either be in their home or may include outings/ activities together.
Volunteer Befrienders should have the following key skills:
- Full, clean driving licence or willingness to use public transport if necessary.
- Good listening skills and ability to show empathy with clients.
- To be reliable and to keep regular contact with their client.
- To be respectful of the client’s individuality.
- Awareness and / or understanding of the key issues facing the client.
We’re looking for Befriending volunteers
Loneliness can affect anyone at any stage of life. Could you spare a couple of hours a week to be a friend to someone? That’s all it takes to transform a life! Get in touch with us for more information.