Posted for Christians Against PovertyBack to Search Results Register your Interest
To accompany the Debt Coach on home visits, where our clients have requested assistance in helping them get out of Debt.
We are an award winning Charity with more than 300 centres countrywide, offering free debt advice.
This is an essential support role in the process of helping people resolve their debt problems, being our policy that clients are appropriately visited in pairs for the purpose of Safeguarding and general good practice.
As we are a Christian Charity it is a necessary requirement that the Befriender shares our faith and seeks to reach out in compassion to individuals in difficult circumstances. Therefore the essential skills required are good listening and interpersonal skills as well as having the passion to help people who are in need of support.
It is not a requirement to have any knowledge of finance or debt management as these roles are handled by the debt coach and the case workers at CAP.
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Certificate of public and employers liability that covers young people in all their activities with you
- Child protection policy
- Complaints Policy and procedures
- Confidentiality Policy
- DBS Policy for staff and volunteers
Not required when accompanying the Debt Coach
- Diversity Policy
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Ex-offenders Policy
- Expenses Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Regular Risk assessments of the work environment
- Volunteer Task/Role description
- Volunteering Policy & Agreements
- Vulnerable Adults Policy
When do I need to be available?
Usually 10.00am-12.00pm on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, but certainly not every week.
This opportunity has no specific location.