Posted for British Heart FoundationBack to Search Results Register your Interest
Heart and circulatory disease touches us all, affecting young and old alike. It is the UK's biggest killer with around 7 million people in the UK who are living with cardiovascular disease. The British Heart Foundation [BHF] is committed to funding half a billion pounds of new research over the next five years which will be central to discovering vital treatments for people living with heart and circulatory conditions.
Join the fight for every heartbeat and help to place collection tins in your local area to help us raise money to fund ground-breaking research that will help to transform the lives of people living with heart and circulatory conditions. By becoming a BHF volunteer you are joining an army of dedicated volunteer fundraisers who help the BHF to save and improve lives. Quite simply without volunteers like you the BHF couldn't continue its pioneering work.
Responsibility of the Collection Tin Volunteer:
- Place collection tins in shops and businesses in your local community
- Counting and Banking these Tins 3 times a year.
- Thanking the local shops and businesses for their support.
- Inspire others to support the BHF and finding new places for the collection tins.
By volunteering with the BHF you will have the opportunity to make new friends, use your skills to support the BHF and also have fun! As well as knowing that you are making a huge difference to the lives of heart patients today, and future generations by raising vital lifesaving funds to power our ground-breaking research.
Skills required to complete this role are:
- Strong administrative and organisational skills.
- Able to use and have access to a computer and email.
- Numerical skills- Happy to count large amounts of coins.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Available to volunteer for a minimum of one year (following training).
- A commitment to the BHFâ€™s values.
- Health and Social Care
- No specific interest
- Supporting Charities
No additional details recorded for this opportunity.
When do I need to be available?
Start Date: 17/04/2018
End Date: 17/04/2019
This role is flexible to fit in with each individual volunteer. This role is based locally in the community where the volunteer lives.
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.