Posted for Marie Curie Fundraising ShropshireBack to Search Results Register your Interest
Community Fundraising Volunteers use their local knowledge and contacts to help raise vital funds for Marie Curie nurses and hospices. There are lots of opportunities to get involved; you can become a key player in a local collection campaign or you could get involved in promoting Marie Curie events in your area.
The role will include some of, but is not restricted to, the following tasks:
- coordinating a team of collectors at local supermarkets, shopping centres and on the high street
- placing and emptying collection boxes in pubs, shops and other popular locations
- organising house-to-house envelope collections in your local neighbourhood
- distributing home collection boxes for the kitchen counters and coffee tables of local friends and supporters
- advertising events and encouraging fundraising in the area
- being the friendly face of Marie Curie at all events and collections you are involved in
- counting and banking money raised at fundraising events and collections
- help with other related tasks when necessary. Volunteer expenses are provided.
Skills and experience vary depending on the activity you get involved with but all our Community Fundraising Volunteers have:
- good people skills and are well-organised
- self-motivated and are able to work independently as well as part of a team
- good knowledge of the local area
- commitment to help raise money in the community
- at least a minimum of 6 months to commit to this role.
- Health and Social Care
- Hospital and Hospice
- Supporting Charities
No additional details recorded for this opportunity.
When do I need to be available?
Start Date: 18/07/2016
End Date: 12/08/2017
This opportunity is available Countywide.