Posted for National Trust, Chirk CastleBack to Search Results Register your Interest
Working as part of a team, Volunteer Gardeners will help care for the Community Garden. The Community Garden is located in the Kitchen Garden at home farm and is used by various groups at different times of the year. They are looking for people who can nurture and maintain the space for groups and others to enjoy. Additionally, they need someone who can delegate tasks to groups and give clear instruction when required. This role will suit people who have some experience of gardening and enjoy working as part of a team. The role can be physically demanding, so you'd need to be reasonably fit and willing to work out of doors in all weather conditions.
Out-of-pocket travel costs between home and volunteering place will be paid, and other reasonable expenses agreed in advance.
The Community Garden needs physically fit volunteers who can help out with the general upkeep of the gardens by supporting the garden team with tasks such as;
- tidying up, weeding and planting
- looking after garden machinery and equipment
- being a friendly face for visitors to the garden and answering any questions they may have
- helping out with the planned development of the garden
- planting trees and bushes, preparing beds for growing vegetables
- clearing and pruning overgrown areas
- giving some direction to community user groups when required
- becoming familiar with and then follow the National Trust's Health and Safety Policy at all times
- giving any other appropriate assistance as may be reasonably requested.
- Wildlife and Animals
No additional details recorded for this opportunity.
When do I need to be available?
Start Date: 13/07/2016
End Date: 12/08/2017
The National Trust