Posted for National Trust, Chirk CastleBack to Search Results Register your Interest
Courtesy Coach Drivers provide a shuttle service for visitors to and from the car park. The service is mainly aimed at visitors who have difficulty walking, but it's open to everyone. It's all about making sure our visitors have a great experience when they visit the castle at Chirk. The role would suit people who are friendly and enjoy spending time outdoors. They should also be sensitive to the needs of visitors with special access needs or disabilities.
Out-of-pocket travel costs between home and volunteering place will be paid, and other reasonable expenses agreed in advance.
This role is suitable for people who;
- can offer a friendly welcome for visitors arriving at Chirk Castle
- know their way around the castle so that they can provide directions for visitors
- can help passengers on and off of the coach
- can drive the courtesy coach / minibus and take care of the passengers
- can complete daily checks to ensure that the minibus is safe to use and report any issues to a member of staff (this includes refuelling the vehicle)
- will keep in radio contact with the Ticket Office and the Visitor Service Assistants while they are on the site
- will become familiar with and then follow the National Trust's Health and Safety policy at all times.
The bus driver must be between the ages of 25-80, hold a full and clean driving license for at least two years and a D1 entitlement on it.
- Arts, Heritage and Entertainment
- No specific interest
No additional details recorded for this opportunity.
When do I need to be available?
Start Date: 13/07/2016
End Date: 12/08/2017
The National Trust