Posted for British Heart FoundationBack to Search Results Register your Interest
Heart and circulatory disease touches us all, it is the UK's biggest killer and there are around 7 million people in the UK living with cardiovascular disease affecting young and old alike. The British Heart Foundation [BHF] has a network of over 200 fundraising groups and branches and over 3,000 community fundraising volunteers in all corners of the UK, helping to support our vital work. Together they raise over +£2million every year in the fight against heart disease. By becoming a BHF volunteer you are joining an army of dedicated fundraisers who help the BHF to save and improve lives. Quite simply without volunteers like you we couldn't continue our pioneering work.
BHF Fundraising Groups and Branches are groups of volunteers who come together in the fight for every heartbeat to hold exciting fundraising events within the community and generate vital funds to help beat heart disease.
The BHF is committed to funding half a billion pounds of new research over the next five years which will be central to discovering vital treatments for people living with heart and circulatory conditions.
Responsibility of the Fundraising Group Leader:
- Lead and coordinate the group in organising fundraising events.
- Build strong relationships with all members and actively recruit new members.
- Represent the charity in your community, acting as the face of the BHF.
- Ensure group activities comply with relevant law and BHF policy.
- Working alongside your local Fundraising Manager.
Skills required to complete this role are:
- Someone who enjoys working with others and is a good team player.
- Enthusiasm to run and support in organising fundraising events.
- Confidence and willing to act as the face of the BHF in your local community.
- Self-motivation and the ability to motivate others.
- A commitment to the BHF's values.
- Health and Social Care
- No specific interest
- Supporting Charities
No additional details recorded for this opportunity.
When do I need to be available?
Start Date: 17/04/2018
End Date: 17/04/2019
This role is flexible to fit in with each individual volunteer. This role is based locally in the community where the volunteer lives.
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.