Posted for Marie Curie Fundraising ShropshireBack to Search Results Register your Interest
Marie Curie are looking for volunteers to become members of their local fundraising groups across the UK. Their groups are dedicated to raising funds so that Marie Curie can continue to care for people with terminal illnesses in their own homes and in their hospices. Along with other group members, you will organise collections, fundraising events and encourage support for Marie Curie in your local community.
In addition to group members, there are other tasks available with the groups including, Chair, Secretary and Treasurer.
The role will include some of, but is not restricted to, the following tasks:
- help to organise collection, events and other fundraising activities
- help to promote the work of the charity and encourage support from the local community
- regularly attend and participate in group meetings
- complete agreed action points following meetings
Certain roles would have additional tasks - you can discuss these when you apply for a role. Volunteer expenses are provided.
Volunteers need to have:
- enthusiasm and a willingness to be part of a team
- a genuine interest in and desire to support the work of Marie Curie
- honest, committed and reliable
- a minimum of one year to commit to the role
Certain roles will require additional skills and experience, you can also discuss these when you apply to be part of the team.
- Health and Social Care
- Hospital and Hospice
- Employee and Group Volunteering
No additional details recorded for this opportunity.
When do I need to be available?
Start Date: 18/07/2016
End Date: 12/08/2017
Marie Curie Fundraising Shropshire
Unit 10 Morfa Clwyd Business Centre