Posted for British Heart FoundationBack to Search Results Register your Interest
In Memoriam giving is an important way for families affected by heart disease to remember a loved one and provide a vital source of funds to support the work of the BHF. This is a very special and personal way for families and friends to give and is usually made in lieu of flowers at the funeral.
By becoming an In Memoriam Volunteer you will be helping to give a personalised local thank you from the BHF to these families and friends. The BHF also offers the Gift of Hope fund which is an ongoing tribute set up to remember a loved one. As part of your role you will also let the funeral directors and families know about the Gift of Hope service we offer.
By becoming a BHF volunteer you are joining an army of dedicated fundraisers who help the BHF to save and improve lives. Quite simply without volunteers like you the BHF couldn't continue its pioneering work.
Responsibility of the In Memoriam Secretary:
- Visiting funeral directors in your area, and being their point of contact.
- Building a relationship with your funeral directors to help them understand the difference In Memoriam donations make to the BHF, and how the money is spent.
- Delivering materials (Leaflets, envelopes etc.) to Funeral Directors.
- Collecting and banking in Memoriam donations from funeral directors. Writing to bereaved families to acknowledge and thank them for their donations.
- Working alongside your local Fundraising Manager.
Skills required to complete this role are:
- Someone who is comfortable working independently on a flexible basis.
- Can build relationships with Funeral Directors in their local community and talk to them about how the BHF is leading the way in fighting heart disease.
- Are self-confident and proactive.
- Able to be sympathetic to an individual situation at this sensitive time.
- Have access to a computer including email and basic IT skills
- A commitment to the BHFâ€™s values
- Health and Social Care
- No specific interest
- Supporting Charities
No additional details recorded for this opportunity.
When do I need to be available?
Start Date: 17/04/2018
End Date: 17/04/2019
This role is flexible to fit in with each individual volunteer. This role is based locally in the community where the volunteer lives.
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.