Posted for National Trust, Chirk CastleBack to Search Results Register your Interest
Room Guides have a vital role to play in bringing National Trust places to life, for inspiring our visitors and helping them to learn more about their place in an interesting and enjoyable way. Room Guides also play a valuable part in safeguarding our interiors and collections.
By becoming a Room Guide at Chirk Castle you will;
- become part of a friendly and dedicated team
- meet people from all walks of life and make new friends
- hopefully improve your communication skills
- hopefully enjoy new experiences and learning something new every day. This role will suit people who have an enthusiastic and friendly manner, enjoy meeting people, like operating as part of a team and who are keen to learn about Chirk?s history and to share this with the visitors.
Out-of-pocket travel costs between home and volunteering place will be paid, and other reasonable expenses agreed in advance.
You do not need to have previous knowledge of Chirk Castles history; full training and information will be provided by shadowing other volunteers.
This role is suitable for people who;
- can offer a warm and friendly welcome to all visitors as the public face of the National Trust
- will learn about Chirk Castle as a whole
- can help visitors to discover more by answering questions, give short talks, help with children?s quizzes, trails, handling collections and so on
- will responsibably evacuatuate visitors in the case of an emergency
- will help protect interiors and collections from damage during open hours
- will follow security procedures to prevent theft or damage
- will familiarise themselves with and then follow the National Trust's Health and Safety Policy at all times.
- Wildlife and Animals
- Advice and Information
- General Helping
No additional details recorded for this opportunity.
When do I need to be available?
Start Date: 31/10/2017
End Date: 31/10/2018
The National Trust