Posted for The Children\\\'s SocietyBack to Search Results Register your Interest
Are you looking to develop your skills and organise some fantastic events? Then look no further, The Children\'s Society is looking for people to volunteer as Volunteer Event Managers.
Each Volunteer Event Manager would be responsible for organising their own fundraising events for the charity, big or small, and raising a minimum of £500 each year.
This role is a great opportunity for young people who are looking to develop skills and who may be budding event planners or for anyone with a bit of time on their hands who enjoys bringing people together and raising funds at the same time.
Events can include: coffee mornings and cake sales, fashion shows, golf days, head shaves, sponsored walks, runs, swims or bike rides or even a gala ball - the possibilities are endless!
Skills to develop:
- event planning
- time management
- communication skills
- finance skills
- marketing skills
- Employee and Group Volunteering
- Local Events
- Practical Skills
- Certificate of public and employers liability that covers young people in all their activities with you
- Child protection policy
- Complaints Policy and procedures
- Confidentiality Policy
- DBS Policy for staff and volunteers
- Diversity Policy
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Ex-offenders Policy
- Expenses Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Regular Risk assessments of the work environment
- Volunteer Task/Role description
- Volunteering Policy & Agreements
- Vulnerable Adults Policy
When do I need to be available?
This opportunity has no specific location.