Posted for The Children\\\'s SocietyBack to Search Results Register your Interest
We are looking for volunteers to go into their community and deliver talks about the work of The Children\'s Society.
Volunteers will be required to do a minimum of four talks per year to a range of different audiences including:
- Community groups
This role is ideal for anyone who wants to volunteer but does not have time to commit to a set number of hours per week.
All volunteers will receive full training and will also shadow local Relationship Manager, Rachel Thomas, before carrying out their first talk.
Skills to be developed:
- public speaking
- presentation skills
- IT skills (powerpoint)
- Practical Skills
- Certificate of public and employers liability that covers young people in all their activities with you
- Child protection policy
- Complaints Policy and procedures
- Confidentiality Policy
- DBS Policy for staff and volunteers
- Diversity Policy
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Ex-offenders Policy
- Expenses Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Regular Risk assessments of the work environment
- Volunteer Task/Role description
- Volunteering Policy & Agreements
- Vulnerable Adults Policy
When do I need to be available?
Some talks may take place on Sunday mornings in Church while others may take place in evenings or during the school day.
This opportunity has no specific location.